Truth sets you free.
Over the past 10 months we have done our best to teach Caroline and Jonathan to LOVE truth.
A few weeks ago Jonathan approached Chris and said, “Caroline, I think we should tell dad the truth…”
This began what was every adoptive families’ worst nightmare and best dream.
These 4 pictures fill me with emotion that I don’t have all the words for yet…but they bring deep healing for my soul. I can see the joy on Caroline and Jonathan’s face and I especially LOVE how Jonathan is “holding” his mom’s arm in the affectionate way he used to hold mine…it brings me GREAT hope for their future together!
The LONG story long goes like this…
- First and foremost, Caroline and Jonathan in December BOTH accepted Christ in to their little lives at Watoto Children’s service.
- They have been valued and taught to make friends.
- They have learned excellent English.
- We were told by the headmaster at Restoration Gateway that Caroline and Jonathan are kind, well-disciplined children.
- They have had their needs met physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually for the past 9 months.
- Not to mention they are OUT of the Ugandan homes that trafficked them!
- We have learned to adapt to a different culture.
- To not hold tightly to the things of this world–even the people that He gives us.
- And incredibly–even though Restoration Gateway was not on our radar…it is the final destination of our journey here in Africa.